Policy on Delivery and Set-Up of Equipment
Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. has a 30-day return policy option on all purchased items. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. agrees to deliver any equipment or product that it sells to its customers on timely basis. Regularly stocked supplies are usually delivered within 72 hours from the time the order is made, provided all required documents have been received. Special orders are delivered within 5 days for more depending on manufacturer's stock inventory. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. agrees to set up any equipment it sells to its customers on timely manner. Instructions on how to use and maintain the product shall be given to the customer accordingly. All set-up or installation of equipment shall be free of charge to Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. customers.
Limitations of Liability
The limitation of liability provision (section 1879) of the Social Security Act is applied where a Supplier (whether participating or nonparticipating) bills for items or services on an assigned basis which are determined by a carrier or a peer review organization to be "not reasonable and necessary." A limitation of liability determination will be made with regard to all assigned claims at the time of the initial determination. For purposes of making the limitation of liability finding at the initial determination, the supplier will be treated as if he/she had knowledge that Medicare would not pay for the denied items or services. This initial determination is subject to modification, if appropriate, upon the supplier's appeal. Moreover, a supplier will not be held liable under section 1879 where the assigned claim Following are examples of notices for suppliers and beneficiaries which will satisfy the advance notice requirements and which will protect you from liability for denied items or services:
Beneficiary Agreement: I have been notified by my supplier that he or she believes that, in my case, Medicare is likely to deny payment for the items or services identified above, for the reason stated. If Medicare denies payment, I agree to be personally and fully responsible for the payment.
Protocol for Resolving Complaints
Dear customer you have the right to freely voice your grievances and recommend changes in the care or services without fear of reprisal or unreasonable interruption of services. Service, equipment, and billing complaints will be communicated to management and upper management. These complaints will be documented in the Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. Medicare Jurisdiction B beneficiaries complaint log, and completed forms will include the patients name, address, telephone number, and health insurance claim number, a summary of the complaint, the date it was received, the name of the person receiving the complaint, and a summary of actions taken to resolve the complaint. All complaints will be handled in a professional manner. All logged complaints will be investigated, acted upon and responded to in writing or by telephone by a manager within five (5) business days of receiving a beneficiary’s complaint, Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company Inc. shall notify the beneficiary, using either oral, telephone, email, fax, or letter format, that it has received the complaint and that it is investigating. Within 14 business days Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. shall provide written notification to the beneficiary of the results of its investigation and response. The suppliers shall maintain documentation of all complaints that it receives copies of the investigation, and responses to the beneficiary. If there is no satisfactory resolution of the complaint, the next level of management will be notified progressively and up to the president or owner of the company.
Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. is committed to resolving the customer's complaint to his/her satisfaction. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. will dispatch a technician to the customer's location to correct the defect within 24 hours of receiving the complaint. If we cannot repair equipment at customer's, location, we will pick it up and take it take to our repair technician for thorough analysis arid repair.
Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. will replace the equipment within 48 hours, provided it is still under manufacturer's warranty. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. will try to correct the defect that is not covered by manufacturer's warranty at a minimal cost to our customers.
Patient Bill of Rights
Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. believes that each patient has the right to:
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy, friendliness and to, have their property respected.
- Receive reasonable continuity of services upon request for home medical equipment/supplies received.
- Receive a timely response from the company when additional equipment, supplies or information is requested.
- Receive home medical equipment and services regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, race, religious or cultural beliefs, sexual preferences, or causes and nature of illness.
- Receive proper identification of name and title from personnel providing services.
- Be fully informed of the company’s policies, procedures and charges for services and equipment, including criteria for third party reimbursement and receive an explanation of all forms that are requested to be signed.
- Participate in decisions concerning home medical equipment including the development, implementation and revision of relevant plan of service(s).
- Have all records (except as otherwise provided by law of third party payer contract) and all communications, written or oral, between customers and healthcare providers treated confidentially and kept for seven years.
- Access all health records pertaining to the customer and the right to challenge and have the records corrected for accuracy.
- Express dissatisfaction and suggest changes in any services without fear of coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable interruption of service.
- Receive information on the company’s mechanism for receiving, reviewing, and resolving complaints or concerns.
- Be assured that all right shall be honored by the company’s staff.
- Be informed of all responsibilities regarding home medical equipment use.
- Refuse all services, for whatever reason, at anytime, to the extent permitted by law and to receive accurate information relative to the potential consequences that could result from such a decision.
- Be assured that the company personnel will be sensitive to their privacy and personal security needs at all times.
- Assume that all formulated advance directives; living wills, ethical considerations and cultural preferences will be respected and honored by all company personnel.
Patient Responsibilities Includes the Following:
- Provide Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. with accurate information regarding insurance, physician, prior use of medical equipment and other pertinent information.
- Contact Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. to arrange to have rental equipment picked up or returned when you no longer need equipment. Billing for the rentals shall repeat monthly on the monthly anniversary date. One month minimum rental on all equipment.
- You are required to pay the patient portion of the allowed amount not covered by your insurance or the total amount if your insurance company does not pay.
- Contact your insurance company direct if you are concerned about whether your individual policy will cover your item (DME).
- Contact your health maintenance organization to verify approved DME supplier.
- Inform a representative of Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. if you are going to a skilled nursing facility. Your insurance will not pay for DME or supplies until you are discharged to a home setting.
- Maintain any purchased equipment paid for by you or your insurance company at your own expense after the warranty expires. We do not provide any additional warranty other than the manufacturers warranty on purchased equipment.
- Develop and maintain a safe environment for equipment and notify Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. if there is an equipment problem. Participate in your equipment plan of care and notify your physician if there is a change in your health.
- Prepare a designated area prior to delivery of equipment. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. employees are prohibited from moving furniture/miscellaneous items within your home.
- Inform Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. when you will not be able to accept a delivery or pick up medical equipments supplies.
- Whenever possible, all rental equipment should be cleaned with soap and water before is returned
- Request further information concerning anything you do not understand.
NOTE: All questions regarding returns and warranties should be directed to:
Angel Care & Medical Equipment Supply Company
66 East 71st Street
Chicago, IL 60619
Phone: (773) 602 2170
Fax: (773) 602 2171
Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. is committed to making sure you choose the right product for your needs. However, there may be occasions were you choose a product that does not work for you. If you need to return an item, please review our Return Policy below and submit a return authorization.
Most items may be returned within 30 days of receipt for a full refund. They must be returned at the customer’s expense in their original packaging and meet the following conditions:
- Product must be in new condition - no cracks, scratches or dirt.
- Product must be returned in its original packaging.
- A return authorization must be requested from Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. no later than 30 days after delivery of the product.
- Once a return authorization has been received, products must be returned not later than 14 days after receiving the RA.
- Some products are custom-made by the manufacturer and are non-returnable. These include: Ultra lightweight wheelchairs Sport wheelchairs, lift chairs, Tracer IV heavy-duty wheelchair, Clearance items,
- For hygienic reasons, the following products are non-returnable: Bath safety equipment there is a 25% restocking fee for returns. These include the following items: Lift chairs Power wheelchairs, Vehicle lifts, and Custom lightweight wheelchairs, Cushions and Backs, Beds, Rehab Shower Commode Chairs, Parts, Therapeutic Shoes.
- All returned products require a Return Authorization number. Returns received without this number will not be credited. Call our customer service at (773) 602 2170 or email us at email@example.com to request an RA number.
Please include your order number, name and the item number you are returning, and be sure to ship your item within 14 days from the day the RA Number and shipping information were provided to you by Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc..
Return freight is the customer's responsibility unless the mistake was from our side. We will be happy to help you determine which shipping method to use once you have requested your RA number. We highly recommend insuring larger items for their retail value to protect against shipping damage.
Please be sure to carefully follow all return-shipping instructions that are included with your Return Authorization number. If an item is returned to the wrong address, Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. reserves the right to charge for any additional shipping fees associated with shipping the item to the correct location. In addition, if a scheduled pickup with a delivery carrier is missed, Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. may institute a $40 fee for each missed scheduled pickup.
Orders cancelled after the item has shipped are subject to all standard return policies. You must accept delivery, obtain an RA Number and ship the item back to the correct address. If delivery of an item is refused, return shipping costs are deducted from the issued credit and a 25% restocking fee (minimum $25) will apply. Second-Day and Next-Day shipping costs will not be credited if delivery is refused.
Once your return is received, Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. will issue a credit to the credit card used for the purchase. Please allow up to 2 weeks after receipt of your returned items for your credit to be issued. If you paid by check or money order, we will issue a check within 30 days.
If your item is defective or was damaged in shipping, please call us at (773) 602 2170 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will arrange for the item to be repaired or replaced promptly.
Equipment Warranty Information:
Every product sold or rented by Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. carries a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. will notify all customers of the warranty coverage, and will honor all warranties under applicable law. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. will repair or replace, free of charge, Medicare or all other insurance-covered equipment that is under warranty. In addition, an owner’s manual with warranty information will be provided to beneficiaries for durable medical equipment where this manual is available. However, if the item is not working or functioning as it should upon the receipt of the equipment, please notify us immediately. This warranty does not cover normal maintenance such as cleaning, adjusting, or lubrication and updating of equipment or parts thereof. This warranty shall be voided and not apply if the equipment, including any of its parts, is modified without Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc.’s authorization. The warranty stated above (including its limitations), is the only warranty made by Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. and is in lieu of other warranties, whether expressed or implied, including any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damages of any kind.
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed by Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. and how you can access this information.
As required by privacy standards of health insurance portability and accountability act of 1996 (HIPAA) Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. is required to maintain the privacy of your protected health information (PHI) and to provide you with a notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to PHI. PHI is information about you, including basic demographic information, that may identify you and that relates to your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition and related health services. This notice of privacy practices (Notice) describes how we may use and disclose your PHI to carry out treatment, payment, or health care operations and for other specific purposes that are permitted or required by law. The notice also describes your rights with respect to your PHI. We will not disclose or use your PHI for any other purpose without your written authorization, except as described in this notice. We reserve the right to change our practices and/or this notice to make the new notice effective for all PHI we maintain.
You’re Privacy Rights
You have the following rights with regards to PHI about you:
- Obtain a detailed /revised copy of the notice upon request.
- Request an amendment of PHI.
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosure of PHI.
- Request communication of PHI by alternate means or at alternate locations.
- Receive an accounting of disclosure of PHI/inspect and obtain a copy of PHI about you contained in a designated record set forth as long as Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. maintains the PHI. The designated record set usually will include prescriptions, physician orders, and billing records. To inspect or receive a copy of your PHI for your inspection, you must send a written request to privacy officer, Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc., 66 E. 71st Street, Chicago, IL 60619, under federal law however, you may not inspect or copy the following records: information compiled in reasonable anticipation of, or use in, a civil, criminal, or administrative action or proceeding, and protected health information that is subject to law that prohibits access to protected health information. We may charge you a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, or other supplies that are necessary to grant your request. We may deny your request to inspect/copy/receive an accounting in certain limited circumstances. If you are denied access to PHI about you, you may request that the denial be reviewed.
You may complain to Angel Care and Medical Equipment Supply Company, Inc. and to the Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your privacy rights have been violated. You will not be retaliated against for filing a complaint. If you wish to file a complaint, please contact our chief privacy officer at Angelcare And Medical Equipment Angel Care & Medical Equipment Supply Company. 66 East 71st Street, Chicago, IL 60619.